Why lie, if I was given a dollar for everytime I heard the following phrases from the following people, I’d quit my law career and retire early with my millions to Ouagadougou or someplace..
1) “Ask your mother.“ – my good brother
He’s the last born.
Getting any info out of him is hard enough let alone household related stuff.
2) “It’s about her, isnt it…What the hell did you do this time?” – my good pal
Maybe it’s because I only seem to use the “Dude, we need to talk” line around the time I’m having relationship gwans.
3) “I hate to bring all of this up right before/in the middle of your exams” – Her and the one before her and the one before her..etc.
I started getting this line in I.B.
It’s been the same ever since.
4) “NV, tumepita usi jali!” – My good classmate/female friend.
The cool thing is that after all these years and us having moved to different law schools on different continents, she still sends me emails telling me about her exams and repeats the same line just like the old days down South.
5) “Have you made tea?” – my good mother
In the morning, when she passes me in the hallway half-asleep.
In the afternoon, she’ll sms it if she left home without having breakfast that morning.
In the evening, when she comes home and happens to find me in the kitchen making dinner.
PS: Last day of the month! So long, June (atlast!). Helllooo July!
Now playing: Little Brother – “When Everything is New”